🌻Chana Chaat/Aloo Kabli : To satisfy your mid week hunger cravings 🌻
🍀When it comes to bite sized food : CHAATS are the Rulers. Of course there are plenty of other delectable options too, but deep down the heart wants the tangy flavoured potatoes mixed with high punched spices combined with yellow peas and Bengal grams that will keep you full for quite some time & make your taste buds happy as well.
Who else agrees to it?
👉🏻For the Chaat Masala
1. Dry roast 1tsp of fennel seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper corns, 3 red chilli & 2 cardamom
2. Allow it to cool & then grind it into a powder
👉🏻Tamarind Pulp Water
1. Soak 2 tamarind pulps in hot water for 5-10 mins.
👉🏻For the Chaat
1. Soak 1/2 cup of yellow peas, Bengal gram & black chana overnight. Drain the water & wash thoroughly.
2. Pressure cook with 3 cups of water for 4-5 whistles.
3. Boil 2 medium sized potatoes. Peel the outer skin & chop into medium sized cubes.
4. Roughly chop onions, tomatoes, green chillies & coriander leaves
5. Into a large bowl mix all the ingredients together.
6. For the seasoning, add pink Himalayan salt as per taste, 2 tsp of the spice mix (mentioned above), juice of tamarind water pulp/lemon juice. Give everything a good mix.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander powder, sev & pomegranate seeds.