Windows 10 is Microsoft’s latest Operating System which is still in Technical Preview phase at the time of this writing. Windows 10 comes with a lot of new features and enhancements. It seems like Microsoft is listening to its users and making changes in Windows 10 that were not liked in Windows 8 plus a lot more. The biggest news for us is that if you have purchased Windows 8 or 8.1 and want to upgrade to Windows 10, this upgrade will be totally free of cost. Let’s discuss some of the features of Windows 10 and then go on to the download section
Windows 10 new features
Let me list down some of the major featured introduced in Windows 10 up until now. I’m pretty sure that Microsoft will be adding more features to Windows 10 when the final version is released.
- Windows 10 comes with a new Start Menu. It is a mixture of Windows 7 style Start Menu and Windows 8 style Start Screen.
- There have been huge improvements in touch UI especially the Continum which shifts to the touch friendly UI if the keyboard is detached from the computer.
- The Modern interface has been further integrated into the Desktop. Now the modern apps will run like any other Desktop based app in a window or full screen if you want.
- Finally the virtual desktops feature has been included in Windows 10. Mac OSX and Linux had this feature for ages but Windows always lacked this feature. Now users can create different Desktop environments within the same account login.
- The Alt-Tab keyboard shortcut key now doesn’t work like task switcher. It opens up the task view where you can switch between opened apps as well as your created virtual Desktops.
- The command prompt is getting keyboard shortcuts as well!
- Cortana has been more tightly integrated to the Windows 10 Operating System.
- The Charms bar has disappeared in favor of a Settings menu under the Start Menu.